Notices & Important Info
During the COVID-19 pandemic and the recovery period the following policies/procedures are in place to protect our passengers, staff, and community.
Non-Medical Face Coverings Required
- While on board the ferry, all passengers age 2 and over, as well as all staff, are required to wear a non-surgical face covering that covers their mouth and nose.
Note: Bring your face covering with you – we will not be providing them.
- Prior to selling you your ticket we will ask you the following questions:
- Are you in possession of a face covering that covers your mouth and nose, and do you agree to wear this covering while on board the ferry? If NO or passenger refuses to answer, boarding will be denied.
- Do you have a fever and a cough? If YES or passenger refuses to answer, boarding will be denied.
- Do you have a fever and breathing difficulty? If YES or passenger refuses to answer, boarding will be denied.
- Have you been refused boarding in the past 14 days due to a medical reason related to COVID-19? If YES or passenger refuses to answer, boarding will be denied.
- Are you the subject of a provincial/territorial or local public health order? If YES or passenger refuses to answer, boarding will be denied.
- Physical distancing will be required whenever possible.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available.
- The vessels will be sanitized after each sailing.
- The number of passengers on each vessel will be reduced by 50%. This means that we will allow a maximum of 20 passengers on our larger ferry and a maximum of 6 passengers on our smaller ferry (when it is running).
- The number of people allowed on the docks will be limited.
- Ours days and hours of operation will be reduced – see the Ferry Schedule page for sailing days and times.
- With the need for sanitizing we may not always be able to maintain our "15 minute" schedule. Be aware that sailing times are approximate.
Face Covering Requirements
FACE COVERINGS SHOULD:
- Be made of multiple layers of absorbent fabric (e.g., cotton)
- Cover the mouth and nose without gaps
- Fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
- Allow for easy breathing
- Be changed as soon as possible if damp or dirty
- Stay the same shape after machine washing and drying.
FACE COVERINGS SHOULD NOT:
- Be placed on infants (i.e. children under the age of 2 years old)
- Be placed on anyone who has trouble breathing
- Be placed on anyone who is unconscious
- Be placed on someone who is incapacitated or unable to remove it without assistance
- Be made exclusively of plastic sheeting or materials that easily fall apart (e.g., tissues)
- Be shared with others
- Impair vision or interfere with tasks.
Questions or comments?
Please contact us with any questions or comments you may have about how we are handling the COVID-19 pandemic.