Job Opportunity - Newcastle Island Coordinator
The Petroglyph Development Group is looking for a Full-Time permanent Newcastle Island Coordinator to oversee all aspects of the Newcastle Island Provincial Marine Park.
Under the direction of the CEO of the Petroglyph Development Corp, the Saysutshun/Newcastle Island (NCI) Coordinator will oversee all aspects of the Newcastle Island Provincial Marine Park in accordance with PDG/SFN operating guidelines and the BC Parks operator contract. We are seeking an individual who is motivated and is willing to learn and receive training.
- Provides BC Parks with all necessary reporting and correspondence.
- Prepares and submits various reports to Management (CEO) including financial and management reporting, as required.
- Ensures that all BC Parks operational standards are maintained.
- Promotes the Island and its services through advertising, including maintaining and updating the www.newcastleisland.ca website, overseeing the on-line reservations system and responding to email enquiries as required.
- Oversees and ensures that all sub-contractor agreements are fulfilled including the Ferry and Pavilion operations.
- Oversees the Saysutshun/NCI operations
- Handles all monies associated with the Island, and ensures that all budgets are monitored and balanced, and related bills or invoices are processed by Finance.
- Monitors, maintains and controls PDG/SFN resources including boats, vehicles, trailers, etc. and generates reports as required.
- Works with PDG Finance Department to maintain resources inventory.
- Supervises and leads Park staff in addition to coordinating work schedules, ensuring adherence to PDG/SFN policies, managing grievances and reviewing time sheets.
- Handles minor mechanical repairs to PDG/SFN operations equipment and ensures they are maintained
- Complies with and implements safety related work practices and procedures.
- Liaises with representatives from other organizations with stake/interest in the Newcastle Island operation.
- Attends and prepares for PDG shareholder, directors, and community meetings when requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO
For full details and a list of Job Duties and Criteria please download the Newcastle Island Coordinator - Job posting PDF.